acl injury rehabiliation program
Recovery management from the day of injury,
to return to your sport.
All under one roof.
ACL injury rehabilitation program
Recovery management from the day of injury, to return to your sport. All under one roof.
About ACL anatomy and function
The Motus Health and Performance way
We can see you from day 1 of your knee injury.
We take the time to explain the vital steps to achieve physiotherapy milestones, and we are in the game to get you back, and better than before.
acute Injury Management
Surgical vs Non-Surgical Management
Our approach involves team decision making with your orthopaedic specialist and other relevant health care specialists, considering:
- The degree of your injury and the level of instability at your knee
- Associated injuries to your meniscus and/or other ligaments
- Your individuals goals and the demands of your chosen sport / activity.
We work specifically with you between the injury and surgery to achieve the following goals:
Recovery from the knee trauma:
- Eliminate knee swelling
- Restore full knee extension
- Achieve a comfortable, symmetrical gait / walking pattern
Prepare for surgery:
- Prevent the extent of muscle inhibition
- Avoid poor learned movement habits
- Familiarisation with the post-operative exercises
Post operative protocol
Our physiotherapists, exercise physiologists, and finally strength and conditioning coaches, follow our evidence based and surgeon approved protocol. Progression between the phases is decided upon by passing physical criteria and not just time passed since surgery.
- Recovery from Surgery
- Load Introduction
- Plyometric continuum & Return to Running
- Sport Specific Integration
- Return to Sport
- Prevention of re-injury
Return to sport
We prescribe your progressive individualised program to return you to pre-injury function and beyond. Our testing procedure ensures timely graduation between each phase of recovery, to the important milestones of walking un-aided, running, team training, return to contact and ultimately, return to competitive play.
Our fully equipped rehabilitation gym and sports-field access allows us to run one-on-one assessment and treatment options, as well as our group rehab sessions in an interactive, supportive and sustainable environment.
Find available Appointments
(No referral required)